Taken with kit lens (PIC)...

Started Feb 25, 2004 | Discussions thread
OP Lew Contributing Member • Posts: 659
Instructions: How this was done...

1) I started by taking individual pictures of each family member. Each person was holding a sheet of white posterboard, aimed directly towards the camera.

2) I post-processed each image until I was happy (RAW -> TIFF, Noise Ninja, USM, etc, etc).

3) Starting with the largest image (me!) and working down towards the smallest image:

• using the Measure tool I drew a line along the top edge of the posterboard (this was done to determine the angle of the board)

• I rotated the canvas so that the top edge of the posterboard was level with the horizon

• Using the rectangular marquee tool I selected (just inside) the posterboard (this was done to determine the required dimensions of the next, smaller picture).

• I then opened the next subsequent picture and cropped/resized it until it fit the previously measured dimensions

• I pasted the next image onto a new layer (directly on top of the posterboard) and then using transform-> distort, dragged the corners so that they looked 'right'.

• Using a layer mask I erased the part of the new layer that was covering the fingers of the person holding the posterboard.

• When all photos were in place, I rotated the canvas back to its original orientation.

That's it! Hope you found this helpfull!

..Lew..

Lew's gear list:Lew's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lew
eos
Lew
Lew
Lew
Lew
Lew
JWP
Lew
dry
Lew
Lew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow