A canon users verdict on the A2

Started Feb 23, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve Norton Senior Member • Posts: 1,780
A canon users verdict on the A2

I tried an A2 today at the Focus on Imaging trade show in Birmingham and here are my conclusions.

Auto focus: Fast, faster than I thought it would be in fact almost as fast as my 300D.

Shutter lag: None. Seriously as soon as I pressed the shutter down it took the photo.

EVF: Much better than my old 7i. Smooth and clear, excellent

Build: Very good. Compact and very light weight.

Photo quality: I took some shots on my CF card and when I viewed them I saw noise. It was only when I checked the EXIF that I realized than most of the shots were in high ISO and that none were ISO 64. I can't say then how good the image quality is then as I only have high ISO shots on the card (ISO 100- 200).

The camera was attached by a cord so the shots I took were of poor subject matter hence no post. ISO 100 looks good and even 200 is acceptable. Better than expected. I think ISO 64 would be VERY good.

My conclusion: The camera was on sale for £699 at the show and for that price it looked a bargain. Th model I used looked like it had been through the wars so I'm sure a brand neww one would have been even better.

Looks like Miniolta got it right with this one. Will I trade my 300D? No. Do I want a A2? Definately. For it's size and price it's a winner.

Regards
Steve

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow