>>> Challenge 9: Complementary Colors <<<

Started Feb 13, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Roberta F. Senior Member • Posts: 2,054
>>> Challenge 9: Complementary Colors <<<

Before we begin Challenge 9, I'd like to thank Vikas for a great theme for Challenge 8: Liquids. Everyone enjoyed the challenge and the images were very inspiring. Thanks for all the work you did to make Challenge 8 a success. I hope you are caught up on your sleep!

Thanks to everyone for participating and sharing your fine work. The challenges promote personal growth in Photography and they are very worthwhile. I greatly appreciate the comments and votes you gave for my Roy G. Biv image. It's such an encouragement to me.

If you've never entered a challenge, join in now for:

Challenge 9: Complementary Colors

Complementary colors are colors that are opposites on the color wheel. When used together in an image, they create contrast. Each color makes the opposite color appear more active. Visual tension is created by the combination of complementary colors and your eyes might sense visual movement or feel a slight quiver.

The relationship of colors can be found on a color wheel...the colors of the spectrum placed around a circle. A color wheel will be posted in the galleries. Challenge 9: Use complementary colors as a dominant part of your image. The two complementary colors should play a strong role in creating a visually dramatic image. Any subject is fine: still life, nature, architecture, landscape, candids, macros etc. Use your creativity, stretch your thinking, try something new and show us your image(s) for Challenge 9: Complementary Colors!

THE GALLERIES...

The galleries are located at http://www.pbase.com/cslr_challenge/ .

• Eligible: Entries must be taken with a Canon Digital SLR camera during the Challenge period ….. Friday, February 13, 2004 until 10PM EST on Tuesday, February 24, 2004.

• Exhibition: Entries can be taken with any camera at any time …..

( http://www.pbase.com/cslr_challenge/challenge_8_exhibition )

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES…

In an earlier thread, it was suggested to limit the maximum number of entries to make it easier for everyone to see each photograph and comment on them since 4 entries per participant made for a huge number of photographs, thereby making it difficult to view each and comment on them. I will follow Vikas's suggestion for limiting the entries to 3 images in each gallery.

TIMETABLE...

• Challenge Begins: NOW…. Friday, February 13, 2004.

• Challenge Ends: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 10PM EST.

(This gives everyone 2 full weekends to shoot)

• Voting will commence shortly after the Challenge ends and will conclude on Thursday, February 26, at 10:00 PM EST.

The time zone chart will be posted in the galleries.

OTHER STUFF...

• The login and password are unchanged from Challenge 8. New contributors should email the moderators at cslr@imageattic.net for these credentials. Please allow a few hours to receive a response.

• Please ensure each image includes your name, a unique title, the camera with which it was taken, and (for Eligible entries) the date on which it was taken. Also, feel free to share your shot set-up, post-processing details, and the like with your colleagues.

• There are no limits on image post-processing. Edit to your tastes and the voters will decide if it's too much.

• Please size your images to 150K or less. There is no limit on dimensions, but viewers are more likely to appreciate your work at its original size without the use of scroll bars.

• Please respect one another’s work. Do not delete, move, or otherwise edit other entries. Please respect the first-come, first-serve sequence of the gallery. You may update your images in-place, provided that the subject matter and general treatment have not materially changed (PBase supports this function on the “Edit Image” page).

• Image by image, please share your comments with your colleagues. Challenges reach their full potential when the dialogue becomes as important as the images themselves.

• Those who prefer more plainspoken and critical comments on their images should mark their title(s) with an asterisk ( ).

• Please post any questions, comments, and concerns in this thread. As host, it is my obligation to respond promptly. If you prefer private correspondence, you can send an e-mail to rfair@hvc.rr.com

Ok folks, get out and get shooting! Have some fun and share your images with us for Challenge 9: Complementary Colors.

Enjoy,

Roberta
http://www.pbase.com/roberta
Canon 10D, Canon A80, Sony 717, Olympus C-3000, Nikon FM

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
db.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow