Polarizers

Started Feb 3, 2004 | Discussions thread
waterfallrich Senior Member • Posts: 1,015
Re: Polarizers

I got a Heliopan linear for my 717 and it works great. B&H has them for less than $50. The effect is more obvious when you are at a 90º angle to the sun. Go out on a sunny day and point the camera at the horizon with the sun at a 90º angle to you. Turn the polarizer and you should see the sky become bluer. Mark the filter somehow at the point where the effect is the greatest and you'll know where to turn it when the effect won't be that obvious. Here are 2 shots I took - no filter and filter turned for maximum effect. The difference isn't always this dramatic, but I can always see it in the LCD. It also removes glare from water, so I don't think a circular one is going to help in your situation. I'm not really sure why you aren't seeing a difference with the filter on.

-- hide signature --
 waterfallrich's gear list:waterfallrich's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a6000 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow