Please help me with my new flash

Started Jan 28, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Amit Chugh Regular Member • Posts: 144
Please help me with my new flash

Hi,

Recently I purchase a Promaster 5750DX with a Standard FTM5000 module to hook up my V1. I have also purchased Lumiquest ProMax System with it. The camera and flash are mounted on a Flash Flip Bracket.

I am basically interested in Indoor flash photography. Very soon I am going to be a father of a daughter and that's the only reason I spent some money to go Digital so that I will be able to better capture some of the most precious moments with my baby.

I have gone through lot of flash photography tips from Mike & Yehuda but still I am far far away from taking a good decent picture with my setup.

The problem that I am having is that most of the pictures either get overexposed or underexposed.

The way I take a picture is I set the flash to GREEN AUTO mode which is F5.6 at ISO 100 and then I set my camera to Aperture mode. I set the lowest aperture I can use with my camera, which is F4.0 and use the full zoom. At full zoom V1 only gives me f4.0. Although at full wide I get f2.8.

Based on the information posted here as well as at the back of the lumiquest, it was said that using a bounce flash will loose 1 stop of light. So, I set my camera 1 stop below i.e. f4.0 and flash at f5.6 but I am not happy with the pictures.

Can someone provide with some more information on indoor flash photography? Any help in terms of a web site link or a good practical book on indoor flash photography will be appreciated. Also, I am looking for some information on INFANT photograhpy so that when the time comes I am all ready.

Thanks in anticipation,
-Amit

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow