Value of S7000 RAW Mode?
In his Review, Phil wrote:
"The only RAW conversion tool provided with the S7000 is the disappointing 'RAW File Converter LE' which simply allows ... to convert them into 8-bit TIFF images."
Agreed. There are no tools for adjusting exposure, color, or ANY image parameter. It simply converts the raw data into a TIFF file.
"Fujifilm does have the more advanced RAW File Converter EX but chooses to sell it as an option. ..."
True, but the EX software is not compatible with the RAW files generated by the S7000. Nor is Adobe RAW 2 in Photoshop CS. I own both software and tried, but neither was able to open an S7000 RAW file.
So, for now there is no software on the market for manipulating S7000 RAW files. Perhaps in future.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%