Just remapped 5700's CCD.....

Started Oct 15, 2003 | Discussions thread
mrhooks Contributing Member • Posts: 771
Re: Just remapped 5700's CCD.....

I remapped my 5700 last night (camera is only 2 months old, but I'm too impatient to send my camera to Nikon). The one visible hot pixel I had was gone as far as I can tell (I didn't know enough to use a program to read a lens cap shot).

I sort of jumped the gun about using this program, and didn't do as much reading online as I should have (it was 12:30am and I needed to go to bed, but I stayed up anyways). When the remapping programs makes the camera take a photo, was I supposed to leave the lens cap on for it? I don't remember the program mentioning that anywhere, nor does the programmer's web page. I forgot to put the lens cap back on for that shot (I have it tied to the camera strap ring, and don't want to accidentally snag it and mess up the telescoping lens mechanism), and I'm hoping that I didn't cause the camera to do a weird read off of the pic it took, and remap pixels that didn't need remapping.

I took a couple of test shots, with the lens cap on and off, and so far it looks great. But I just wanted to be sure.

Jesse

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
baw
baw
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow