Yoshida adapter--easy to order

Started Dec 29, 2003 | Discussions thread
ssteppe Senior Member • Posts: 1,981
Re: Yoshida adapter--easy to order

It looks very professional. Flat black (model 1055B), screws on securely. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the FZ10 lens cover fits onto the front of the Yoshida adapter, so I don't need a new lens cover. I tried my TCON-17 on it - screws on securely. I put on a 55mm Hoya SMC UV filter (which I plan to leave on all the time.) No obvious vignetting through viewfinder at 1X, but I'll take photo tests to make sure.

Good investment for me, since I already have several 55mm filters for the FZ1 (UV, polarizer, star cross, close-up diopter set).

The 155B Yoshida adapter is the same size as the FZ1 plastic adapter, but it's metal and the threads are better, so the TCON-17 screws into it quite securely. Another worthwhile insurance investment for me, since my original TCON-17 fell off my FZ1 and broke when I accidentally attached it using the wrong filter (the only filter I had that held it securely before was the Hoya MC UV.) So I'm on my 2nd TCON-17.
I'll post pictures tomorrow.
-Steve

JRobins wrote:

Hey Steve, what's the adapter like? Are you planning to leave it on
at all times? Can you put a filter on the end? I'm very curious.
Any pix yet? We might do as comparison with Carlos' pix.

The translations are hilarious. Sorry you missed the PayPal.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow