Aperture f/4.9
ISO Equivalent 100
Exposure Bias
White Balance (14)
Metering Mode multi spot (3)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program manual (1)
Focus Distance

ND4, ND8, TC-E2, Sunpak DS20 external flash, tripod. Other lighting: Florescent room lighting, as well as the 4 colored lights embedded in the fan housing.

The blue light overpowered the other 3, so I darkened it with a black magic marker.

Photoshop processing:

Rotated
Cropped
Selected background, then replaced with black on separate layer
Touchup with clone stamp
Smoothed using Jes light colorgrain reduction action (Super Aggressive)

On darkness layer: Levels adjustment, (RGB channel only), and brightness/contrast

On lightness layer: Levels adjustment, (RGB channel only), and brightness/contrast
Levels adjustment layer (Red channel only)
Saturation adjustment layer
Flattened
Resized for internet
USM 20,50,0 50,.5,0 50,.5,0

There was a small flare of light extending above the fan that I cloned out, and a large one on the blue band encircling the fan. Should I have left these as part of the picture? I’m assuming the reflection of the lights off the foam board needed to be removed, so I painted the background black.

Should I clone out the small amount of glare from the lights?

Is this a good item to submit, or should I have used something that didn’t have lights in it? My husband showed it to me, I was looking for something I could submit to the FCAS committee and I couldn’t resist the challenge. (As usual, true to my byline; I’m probably trying to reach further than I should. I’m really a newbie to this. This is my first time ever using foam core board).

Thanks for looking, and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Miriam

'Oh that a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Heaven for?' -Robert Browning

4 5 0 0

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow