Hot pixel mapping for the C-2100 UZ works!

Started Sep 5, 2003 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Steve189 New Member • Posts: 1
C3000Zoom - Pixels re-mapped with no problem

Before I found this thread I called the Olympus technical department as I had a green spot (four pixels together) in the centre of the picture.

I was advised to send the Camera to their Middlesex address and they would then send it on to PORTUGAL for pixel remapping as they do not do this in the UK. I asked and they stated that pixels can fail at any time.

The cost was going to be £30 to £100 (UK Pounds). My camera is 2 years old. I guess this cost is made up of all that shipping plus an bit of engineers time and this was excluding the cost of my shipment to Middlesex.

Just to add to my disappointement I was told that if I purchased a MODERN camera they now have automatic in-built sofware to map out faulty pixels. You would never know it had happened (is this a good thing?).

Well I can't tell you how happy I am that the sofware on the link worked. I had the camera fixed in minutes and I can remap in the future.

USB connection fails but a serial connection works.

Steve

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow