Holy Moly.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 13,209
Holy Moly.

G9II just arrived.

Took first set of quick shots in the backyard, in awful, bleak, grey, overcast late afternoon daylight, of dead flowers and leaves, vs the G95.

First impressions?  Holy cow, the difference in tonal and color gradation/DR between this and the 20MP sensor is astonishing.

Of course, this is for my purposes, so for everyday anything other than what I am doing, I don't know that anyone else would notice, but it just jumped right out at me.

Nothing useful to post right now, unless you want truly boring shots of a dried out maple samara on some half-dead grass....

And yes, the sensor noise is a bit uglier at ISO 1600, but I haven't worked with it yet to see how shadows and shadow noise behaves overall.

The only thing I will find frustrating is that to get full DR, apparently you can't use E-shutter, you have to do EFCS, which I what I used on both cameras for this first test.

Will have to wait for some better light to do some thorough shooting.  More to follow (I will test it against the S5 also).

-J

Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow