Upgrade? Z8 or?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
viper699 Senior Member • Posts: 1,228
Upgrade? Z8 or?

I am thinking of upgrading to a faster camera for wildlife shooting. The subjects I shoot move in a few seconds or less at times. I typically shoot under jungle canopies, though I can't rule out wide open spaces over the ocean/fields etc, ie brighter sun fortunately.

I don't shoot professionally. The places I travel to are far from home, so every shot counts as I may never have the opportunity to go to my destinations again.

I've held the Z8 at my LCS, but I haven't used one. It's slightly heavier than I'd like. However it seems very capable from reviews.

I heard rumors of an updated Z6III this summer- who knows.

I shoot landscape as well when I'm not traveling.

The FPS of the Z8 is quite amazing.

Aside from the Z8, the other camera I've always read about is the D500, and D850.

I'd be curious to see what people who have used the Z8 for wildlife along with either of the 2 above to see what your thoughts are.

Clearly the z8 is pricey.

viper699's gear list:viper699's gear list
Nikon D5500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +2 more
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow