Camera companies can learn from Ford

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HRC2016 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,175
Camera companies can learn from Ford

I thought this was an interesting article that could be useful for camera companies, if they're not already doing it.  I'd be surpised if they were.

Essentially, Ford is discontinuing a feature (self-park assist) that it's consumers don't use. Ford knows the feature isn't used often based on use-data that vehicles share with Ford.

https://flip.it/ImMU6Z

I wonder if any camera companies obtain such feedback about how we use our gear, or if they could when we do things like connect to the internet.

Certainly there are economies of scale at work. I assume Ford sells more of each vehicle model than camera companies sell of each camera model, not to mention the cost of each product and whether there would be an ROI for smaller companies.

I feel it's very important to provide feedback to companies and to share information that can help consumers make better purchasing decisions.

Satisfied customers help the industry grow!

-- hide signature --

Anyone can take pictures. It is when you respect your subject that you are a photographer.

HRC2016's gear list:HRC2016's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow