Nikon Z mount vs F mount lenses Image Quality - Is the upgrade worth it?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rzmtl Forum Member • Posts: 93
Nikon Z mount vs F mount lenses Image Quality - Is the upgrade worth it?

Hello everyone!!

I recently got a Nikon Z7 and am wondering, I understand that the Z mounts are a bit less heavy / better aesthetic for the Z body and was going to buy Z lenses for it but I tried my DX 35mm f/1.8 on it yesterday and the pictures are REALLY sharp - This makes me wonder, besides having to slap a FTZ adapter (bit more weight) and slightly heavier F lenses, IS THERE REALLY A IMAGE QUALITY DIFFERENCE between the F and Z lenses that warrants paying 2-3x more for Z lenses when there are ALOT of used F lenses in great shape out there?
Thinking about 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 105mm and the popular zoom lenses like 24-70mm  and 70-200mm
I've looked at many videos, and many posts before posting this, and I am not quite convinced... Yes I like to pixel peep and thought the Z lenses were better enough to warrant the price difference but after trying my DX 35mm (not even FX) I am not sure anymore.
Thanks in advance!!

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow