OM-5 or OM-D E-M10 and what lense?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
v07a New Member • Posts: 18
OM-5 or OM-D E-M10 and what lense?

At some point of time i understood that im better of with fixed lense cameras, like XZ os Stylus. (Maybe it was because i managed to stuck filter on lense and then brake the lense?) Or maybe it was for me inconvenience to cary around lot of weight or i just lost inspiration to take any shoots and for me was enough to live thru the moment

Any how. Some of my college have some film DSLR with fixed lense. And i was thinking that i had quite lot of fun shooting with fixed lense film as it gave lot of more control wit hyperfocal scale.

So i was thinking maybe to get E-M10 or OM-5. But do i really need OM-5?

If I go for E-M10 i can get pancake kit and 17mm f1.8. not even reaching OM-5 body price.

Also for general use 17mm F1.8 will be OK? Or better go for 20mm F1.4? Does it have hyperfocal scale?

I like that scale very much and the control it gives over the lense. I think i dint like that all the zoom lenses i used was lacking that function.

Wheather seal in not so important (i managed to sink XZ in thinner, also TG-6 did not survive washing under tap water)

So i doubt weather sealing will help the camera survive my stupidity.

Leica M10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow