Why are we unhappy?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LTheWafflePWN Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Why are we unhappy?

I've seen a bizarre amount of "Nikon sucks, here's why" posts lately, and I'm trying to understand why.

The Z6iii I understand a lot of people want... an update to the DX line is something people want... *insert name of lens Nikon hasn't made yet here* is something people want...

We seem to have a lot of infrequent or first time posters wishing the Z8 costs more for everyone because it isn't a Z9, but should be apparently??? Or that Nikon's layout(s) are too inconsistent and everyone regardless of skill level or needs should have the exact same buttons and UI, because pros will love that and if they don't they should feel bad??

Did I miss anything? Of course this is crass and sarcastic, but what is the real reason we're unhappy? Is it really that Nikon somehow can't figure out how to make anything anyone wants, or is it that we're not going out and taking photos? I completely understand wanting a tool that makes our hobbies or work easier for us, but are wethat far off from having an easy go of things?

All I'm asking, is it really that our gear is stopping us from taking photos?

LTheWafflePWN's gear list:LTheWafflePWN's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z8 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +23 more
Nikon Z8 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DWM
xtm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow