K3 III with SMC K 85mm f1.8 : catch in

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
KPM2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,349
K3 III with SMC K 85mm f1.8 : catch in

Hello

This lens get also a new live with the K3 III and it's catch in ! The catch in react so fast and precise with it, that I can release the shutter and during I move (ok slowly) the focus ring on the lens the K3 III react at the exact right focus spot...I even can move (ok slowly) to the engine and the focus is, where it should be !

I cropped this picture a little, so that you can see it at once. On the other hand, this pictures has a 4K monitor resolution size.

The Highlight Weighted mode works with this old K lens too, so that the metering was easily done and didn't needed a correction.

Some say that Pentax will that we only buy their new lens, and therefore they have no eye on the use of the old lens, but with this K3 III they gave us a great camera even for our oldest lens !

at the bird house:

I have bad weather again, so lens is still at f2.8. The bird arrived, looked into the birdhouse and than turned quickly it's head to me....and because of this the head got into my catch in pre focus point area and the K3 III released at once. WOW ! This lens can quasi do now similar things like my AF lens

best regards KPM2

and I wish you a nice second Advent

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow