A 'New' RP?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pcassel Senior Member • Posts: 2,284
A 'New' RP?

I moved from my DSLR kit which included a 5D2 and a 5DS r to a single body R7 and have been surprisingly happy with the new tech such as its superb AF. I find the quality all right for anything I’ve been doing.

However, I seem to often have a use for a second body but given the grocery bills lately, I’m disinclined to spend any real money for it. Initially, I figured another R7 body but thought that some variety would work to increase my flexibility. After shopping the used market, my eye is stuck on an RP. Adding a FF seems to make sense since I can get one for hundreds less than the used R7.

I’m a bit letdown by the indifferent noise performance and lack of an IBIS but it’s silly for me to expect it all for the $700 or so these in good condition go for. How do folks who have or who’ve had these rate them? I guess the next step up is the R6 which is roughly 250% the cost of the RP but maybe I’m missing a FF model somewhere in between. I rejected the R which *is* in between but it’s clunky and a bit too dated for my joy.

Comments? TIA

*edit: I have no interest in video so don't care if it does this poorly or well. The DPR review says the raw files lack flexibility. What does that mean?

-- hide signature --

If I post one of my images, C&C both positive and negative is welcome.
-paul

pcassel's gear list:pcassel's gear list
Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS R7 Canon RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow