WIreless triggers for your Sony camera - my experience

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amateurphotographer Senior Member • Posts: 1,416
WIreless triggers for your Sony camera - my experience

Hi folks,

Thought I share my experience with a recent event shoot where i need to trigger my camera remotely.

Camera using Sony A1's.

Before the event I played around with the Sony Image app (latest version) and got so frustrated setting it up, I gave up.

I also bought the Shutter Phone App, which was still fiddly to setup, but better than the Sony one.

For these Apps, in the end i decided not to use it in case something with the setup goes wrong and I would spend too much time to setup.

So I went for a wireless non-phone triggers.  First bought the cheaper JJC trigger, then when that was working so so, I bought the Ulanzi which I had trouble setting up.

So in the end I finally bought the x2 more expensive Sony Trigger RMT-P1BT.  It was easy to setup, and when camera was switched on and trigger unlocked it connected quickly.  It was reliable even when the trigger was directly underneath the camera.

I suggest for event shoots where reliability is essential, if you need a wireless trigger go for the Sony one.  If you are in no rush and have time and want more control of the camera settings then use the Shutter App.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about wireless triggers.

-- hide signature --

Keep It Simple

amateurphotographer's gear list:amateurphotographer's gear list
Nikon D850 Sony a7S III Fujifilm GFX 100S Sony a1 Fujifilm GFX 50S II +64 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow