Lens purchase Z 35mm vs Z 50mm

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J_Allen Regular Member • Posts: 237
Lens purchase Z 35mm vs Z 50mm

I own a Nikon Z6, AF-S 50mm f/1.8, Z 40mm f/2, and an AF-S 35mm 1.8 DX (not a true 35mm eq.).  How I also have the Z 24-70mm f/4, but this does perform well in low light.

I'm looking to take advantage of holiday deals and purchase a new lens.  I LOVE the 50mm focal length, but this is an adapted f-mount lens.  The Z 40mm is nice and compact, but I don't care for it as much as some of the reviews- I find even if underexposed the highlights tend to get blown out.   What I have really been wanting for a while is the 35mm f/1.8 S ( I prefer primes).  I've been having a really hard time deciding if I should get the 35mm s or the 50mm s.  I'm leaning towards the 35mm because that is what I am lacking, but I would get more use out of the 50mm S, but maybe I should not since I have the adapted lens.  I'm looking to spend $500 max but will up that to $600 if need be, and I will purchase Nikon Refurbished.

There is that new 30- 150mm f/2- f/2.8 but it is a little out of my budget at the moment.

J_Allen's gear list:J_Allen's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD750 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Sony RX100 V Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 +10 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow