Panasonic 1" sensor vs Nikon Fun Touch simple 35mm film camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Foggy8 Regular Member • Posts: 271
Panasonic 1" sensor vs Nikon Fun Touch simple 35mm film camera

The small 1" sensor cameras are similar in size to many of the 35mm point and shoot cameras. I was curious how the photos from a small digital camera compared to a simple point and shoot film camera, and did a quick test.

I used a Panasonic ZS100 camera set to the 35mm equivalent focal length and set the light meter to ISO 200 to match the ISO 200 film in the Nikon Fun Touch which has a 35/3.5 four element lens. The upper photo is the digital image and the lower is the film image.

My opinion is that digital and film aren't that different. If you don't feel like thinking about settings and feel like leaving your lens open and ready to shoot all day without worrying about wearing out the batteries, a good, simple film camera might be a fun way to go, and I like the ergonomics of most of the point and shoot film cameras.

(On these shots, I tried to match the luminance of the brown paint above the POKE sign in Adobe Lightroom and let the rest of the values fall where they fall.)

Panasonic ZS100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow