What do you think will be the next Z camera?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MJ_Photo38
MJ_Photo38 Senior Member • Posts: 1,009
What do you think will be the next Z camera?

Z9II / Z9H would be either a followup to the Z9 with a similar sensor and a newer processor (as there has been claims that the next gen Expeed 7b or 8 has been in developpement for a long time already), or a higher speed version of the Z9 with maybe a stacked 24MP sensor and higher burst rate.
(personal opinion : seems unlikely)

Z6III pretty self explanatory, followup to the Z6II, we still don't know if it's just going to be a non-vintage Zf or if it will have a newer sensor

Z7III many people would think this camera point less if it keeps the same sensor as the Z7II only with faster AF, as the Z8 is already there. It could also have a higher res sensor, we know absolutely nothing about that camera yet or if it will be coming one day.

Z50II Long overdue update of the Z50, this camera is using the D500 sensor that, though still very decent, is not really on the same level as other recent APS-C offerings. Also, the camera is a popular entry point in the Z camera system, and it's aging quite a bit. An update would be nice

Z90 Long rumored successor to the D500. I absolutely don't know if Nikon has any intention on getting such a camera on the market. One very sure thing though, is that a lot of D500 users are now looking to switch to mirrorless, and in that segment, there isn't a lot of cameras to choose from. Canon 7DII users got their replacement with the EOS R7, but Nikon users are still waiting

Z5II Out of all the options, probably the least probable to me. In my opinion Nikon should rather take the same approach as Sony, and keep the Z6II in production, lower its price and offer that as an upgrade for the original Z5. That being said, a Z5 with Expeed 7 would be a nice camera, depending on the price point.

My personal vote goes to the Z6III. What are your thoughts?

MJ_Photo38's gear list:MJ_Photo38's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D1X Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +22 more
POLL
Z9II (or Z9H)
10.5% 14  votes
Z6III
63.2% 84  votes
Z7III
9.0% 12  votes
Z50II
10.5% 14  votes
Z90
4.5% 6  votes
Z5II
2.3% 3  votes
  Show results
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow