Going bagless...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,659
Going bagless...

Anyone tried this?

So in November I went to New York and took with me the GX80 for it compactness. Yes I'm making the case for an updated GX camera with the 25-megapixel sensor like other people are. Deal with it... Anyway I took with me three lenses and they are...

•  9mm 1.7 for wide shots
  • 20mm 1.7 for compactness and low light.
  • 12-60mm 2.8-4 for general walk around and for variety of reaches. 

So instead of taking a bag of lenses with me everywhere I go like I did in Chicago with a bag of primes. Instead, I choose wisely what lenses I believe I needed for each destination. To get around the no bag situation is by having a coat with spacious outside and inside pockets. Sadly, this coat got caught on two rails inside the statue of Liberty and got ripped. Oh well.

Of course this doesn't always work but it's nice when it does. In a way it's very liberating. However, I did have one incident when I'd my camera out on the streets of New York and I was approached by a stranger up to no good. Basically, he targeted me because he knew I was a tourist and I warned him not to come near me.

I'll post some pictures of New York once they're processed but it's a dirty city,

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow