Sony pixel-shift

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DavidWright2010 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,084
Sony pixel-shift

I've always been interested in the pixel-shift (PS) technology, and bought into the Pentax camera line largely for that reason. (I shoot a lot of landscape and flowers.) I've also tried the Olympus and Panasonic versions of  PS, and for these 3 brands, PS processing is pretty easy - the supplied raw converter recognizes the PS raw files and processes them correctly.

I prefer the Pentax PS - 4 images, combined to one file with image size unchanged. Olympus and Panasonic PS produces larger image sizes, and while they work, in that moire is reduced and resolution is increased, I don't like the file size bloat.

I noticed that Sony can do either 4-image or 16 -image PS, and that piqued my interest in the Sony system.

Reviews mention that Sony PS is awkwardly implemented, so I read the user manual and it seems very awkward. Various softwares seem to be necessary, supplied by Sony I expect. Is it really that hard?

How do you specify which rawfiles to combine? Is each PS set in its own folder? and what is the minimum interval between exposures? An early review said something in the order of 1 second - is that so? For everybody else, it's in the vicinity of 100 ms.

David

DavidWright2010's gear list:DavidWright2010's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Pentax K-1 +1 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow