Z 24-200 Sharpness

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
YellowCross New Member • Posts: 2
Z 24-200 Sharpness

I have recently purchased a Z 24-200 lens to go with my new Z8. I had been shooting with a D850 with an F 24-120 f/4 lens so I decided to do a sharpness test between the two combinations.

The D850 with, the F lens, produced much sharper photos both in the middle and the corners over a range of focal lengths and apertures (I can provide examples if necessary). This came as a great surprise to me especially considering the Photographylife review which compared the exact same lenses and concluded that the Z lens was slightly sharper (https://photographylife.com/lenses/nikon-nikkor-z-24-200mm-f4-6-3-vr/4).

Has anyone else observed this? Is it possible that I have obtained a bad copy of the 24-200? If so, any advice on how I could go about to test this before I contact the seller?

Thanks

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon D850 Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR Nikon Z8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow