R5 - ERR 70, Lock Up Experiences

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gorak3 New Member • Posts: 4
R5 - ERR 70, Lock Up Experiences

TLDR/Question: has anyone gotten ERR70 lock ups and gotten their camera serviced/repaired (main PCB replaced)? Did it solve the issue or did it return?

I just recently bought into the Canon system with a refurbished R5 ($2199) and a new RF 24-70. The recent holiday sales were too good to pass up.

However within a few days of use the R5 began locking up every 20 or so shots and would display ERR70, requiring a reboot. Long story short, after phones calls with Canon support and sales it has been determined the body will need to be sent for servicing and repair. I requested to just return the body and replace all together but all refurbished R5 are sold out and they were unwilling to provide a new R5.

I’ve done some scrubbing online and the root cause of the error seems to vary but in the worst cases a main PCB seems to be the culprit and needs to be replaced (canon support suspected may be the case). Other than being disappointed this issue wasn’t caught by QC in their refurbished department, I was going to send it in. However I’ve seen several cases online of folks having this same error, replacing the PCB and then again getting ERR70.

So I’m looking for feedback from anyone with experience getting this error and repairing the camera. Did the repair solve the issue, did the issue return? Any other related experiences that could help?

My confidence is rattled and debating repairing or outright returning and settling for a new R6mkii while sales last.

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow