Lines apprearing on Hasselblad images

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
whatwouldhassydo New Member • Posts: 11
Lines apprearing on Hasselblad images

Hello everyone,

all images of a 3-month old Hasselblad X2D 100C camera with a 28P lens have lines appearing across. These are very mechanical and spaced equally apart. Does anyone have any ideas or has had similar issues? I attached 3 sample images for your reference below. Thanks in advance.

I've been in contact with the Hasselblad support in Burbank, California, but have not gotten any solutions. Initially, they told me it would be sent to their headquarters in Sweden, but now, this is the latest email I got from them this morning. (Wed., Dec. 6, 2023):

- - -

There has been a change of plans for your X2D. My colleague from overseas looked further into this for us and found out that these faint lines you have seen and shown us are normal. They are artifacts produced from PDAF-pixels. They are present on all X2D cameras as well as all newer cameras like the GFX. Obviously there are some differences between the 2 cameras and how they're processed, but the GFX has the same trade-off between AF-IQ.

If you would like to see an example from a different camera (Sony 7R III), it can be seen here https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fr85by10eaf291.png%3Fwidth%3D1289%26format%3Dpng%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3Dfb917b1b9b5815f8cf1716fa132af6a1ee7d11cb
Having your camera sent over to our headquarters will not change anything about this scenario.

We will be sending your X2D and lens back to you shortly via UPS.
Please let us know if you have any questions.

_ _ _

Screenshot of top left corner at 200%

Screenshot of 3FR (RAW) in Photoshop

Screenshot of the entire image

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow