Remote control Nikon ML-L7

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hermann Schilt Forum Member • Posts: 78
Remote control Nikon ML-L7

Nikon still hasn't got the principles of Snapbridge right. I use it occasionally from 2016 but it is still not user friendly. I have no experience with other camera brands but last week I found out that the settings in Snapbridge override the camera settings. I had taken night photos of the old Kampen town with 5 different settings I set on the camera and Snapbridge as a remote control. All 5 photos had the same exposure, it turned out after returning home.

Two years ago I bought a remote from Nikon the ML-L7 which worked perfectly on the Z6ii (not on the Z6) due to a modification in the firmware. On the Z8 there is no way to set the L7, a misstake because I prefer this remote above Snapbridge (iOS17 with latest SB update). I actually hope and expect Nikon to enable the use of the L7 in a new firmware update. Or do members of this forum have better experiences?

Translated with DeepL.com

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z8, Nikkor S 24-120 mm /f4,0, Nikkor S 85 mm S f/1,8, Nikkor Z 24-200 mm f/4,0-6,3 VR, Nikon Z MC 105 mm/f2,8, Nikkor S 100-400/f 4-6,3 and Nikkor 180-600 mm f/5,6-6.3. Hähnel Modus 600RT II Pro Kit
Hermann

Hermann Schilt's gear list:Hermann Schilt's gear list
Nikon Z8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S Nikon Z 100-400mm +4 more
Nikon Z8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow