Buying EOS Mirrorless choices

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cornfield New Member • Posts: 17
Buying EOS Mirrorless choices

My wife loved shooting photos on trips to Africa, Australia and China. She also enjoyed taking portraits and enjoyed playing with depth of field. Other than DOF she pretty much just used program modes with her EOS film and digital cameras. She never got interested in editing her photos so she never used RAW. She is a true WYSIWYG fan.

She loved using her 100-400L lens as well as a few other L lenses. In order to get her reinterested in the hobby, I want to get her an EOS Mirrorless camera body. I have already purchased an RP but haven't opened it yet. I'm considering getting her a better model while using a converter to use our EF lenses.

At 81 years old, our medical conditions preclude exotic trips and none of our grand children are currently in fast moving sports. I chose the RP because it is fairly light weight but I'm open to returning it and getting am R5 or R6 Mark II.

This may well be her last camera. Should I stay with the RP or switch?

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow