Nikon Big Miss With Z8,...and Z9! Perhaps The Next Go Around!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JMD-70 Senior Member • Posts: 2,230
Nikon Big Miss With Z8,...and Z9! Perhaps The Next Go Around!!

Granted this would have been a first!  For starters, we all know the Z8 is a Z9 less the "Vertical Grip".  That said, and given the size of the Z8, I see no reason the battery compartment wasn't designed large enough to accept the EN-EL18D (Z9 Battery).  Nikon could have designed an "Adapter Cradle" that allowed for use of an EN-EL15C battery.

The larger battery would certainly allow for longer image and video capture with the Z8,...and yet still be way more compact than a Z8 / MB-N12 Battery Grip combo.

Oh,...for the naysayers,...some here didn't think Nikon would integrate a true "Wireless Transmitter" in the body of their camera,....and yet the Z9...and Z8 both have a built-in 802.11ac Wireless Transmitter!

Once could only imagine the desire for the Z9 had it had,...a SIM card slot,...oh, may as well integrate a Pocket Wizard chip too.

Some time ago I made a post about these bells and whistles,...and I know not everyone desire to do "Wireless Capture" with their Z8 or Z9,...but if you desired to, you can!  By the same token for buyers of GM's Tahoes, Surburbans, Silverados, Cayennes, etc., not everyone will "hitch a trailer" and tow with their GM truck/SUV, but you won't find one of them leaving a GM factory without a "Tow Hitch"!  Again, if you wanted,...or needed to tow a trailer,...you can!

So, I'm going to go out on a tree limb and predict the next pro-level Nikon Flagship,...the Z10,...Z11 (whatever it's designated) will include a SIM card slot,...and a Pocket Wizard Transmitter chip,...plus every capability of Z8/Z9,

And yes,...I'll be amongst the first inline to order such highly advanced image capturing device!   ...just as many of you here will be.

-- hide signature --

...JMD
......Z9
..........D850/WT-7
.................Z6 II/WT-7
.......................Nikon forever!!
.............................."Don't be great at doing something first, Be first at doing something Great!

JMD-70's gear list:JMD-70's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850
Nikon Z8 Nikon Z9 Pentax Optio Z10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow