Change my 500 pf

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Valmofab Junior Member • Posts: 49
Change my 500 pf

Good morning, I need an advice. I can't decide, I have a z8 with a 500 pf and a tc 1.4, however I would like to upgrade to a z lens. I find that the ftz ring plus the 1.4 has some play and even if the whole thing works well, the sharpness with the 1.4, especially for birds in flight, is behind the 500 pf alone. I have the budget for the 600 pf but I'm really afraid that it won't bring me much and for the same price I'm offered an 800 pf. I was also thinking about this 180,600 which would keep me a lot of money. Perhaps the 400 f4.5 with tc 1.4 would be a good option? compared to 500 pf? same optical quality? autofocus? There are a lot of options, thank you Nikon but too many choices and fear of making a mistake. I mainly take photos of birds in the French Alps (eagle, gyapete, vultures and small birds) and 500 mm is a bit tight on the z8, the focal length of 800 mm would give me the advantage perhaps not as handy in mountain. What would you do in my place ? Thank you Fabien.

Nikon Z8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow