The OG Millennial (FM2n) and the Gen Alpha (Zf) - side by side

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
doni Senior Member • Posts: 1,068
The OG Millennial (FM2n) and the Gen Alpha (Zf) - side by side

The Millennial (Nikon FM2n) and the Gen Alpha (Nikon Zf) getting some workout during the Thanksgiving weekend.

Here are some shots of me and the family surfing and enjoying a nice day out from both cameras. I used the new Lomochrome Color 92 with the Nikon FM2n. It's not the sharpest/lowest grain film, but it does bring back memories of my childhood in the 90s straight out of the camera.

Side by side, both cameras look amazing! As far as results, you can clearly tell analog from digital (especially with the film choice and lower res scanning for social media).

I quite like both, but still prefer the ergonomics and emotion that the Fm2n produces. I will be honest, the FM2n gets more use than the Zf. (Not because it is a better camera, but mainly because I am in an analog phase - I sold my D5, D4, D800/810 and got a Nikon SP, F, FM2n, F2, and F5...and have 0 regrets!) 

The Nikon Zf, however, has way more latitude in post processing (some of the pictures of me surfing are heavily cropped).

Both are amazing cameras, and I love how technology has (and continues) to evolve! 
For veteran Z users, how do you get used to the electronic viewfinder? That has been the biggest / most jarring change from years of DSLR shooting.

-- hide signature --

...in matters of grave importance, style not sincerity is the vital thing - Oscar Wilde

doni's gear list:doni's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +12 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow