Regarding the M6 II

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 42,015
Re: Regarding the M6 II

My RF lens arrived a few moments ago. I had already received the camera, ordered the lens hood, got a wrist strap, charged up the battery, added in SD card previously. I didn't drop anything. I put it all together and wow...wow...wow. I had to try out it at ISO32000 and ISO40000. It was so great, way beyond my expectations. Everyone should have at least one of these. My refurbished price for both the Canon RP and Canon RF 24-105mm F4-7.1 lens was $678 (USD). This was a Black Friday special. I didn't know it was that special at the time, as this was the first time I had purchased anything refurbished from the Canon website. The prices went back up a lot after I bought them, the last time I checked.

Fortunately, I've been using my Canon M50 Mark II cameras long enough (along with my DSLR cameras) that setting this up was easy. The Canon RP and M50 Mark II are pretty similar. There are some differences. I'll have to see what other changes I can make in the menu. I had forgotten to get a USB-A to USB-C cable. I'll do that tomorrow.

Yes, the Canon M6 Mark II does great things, but for pushing the low light limits having a full frame camera like this is something spectacular. I've got more to learn about it. But just a few minutes of testing made me highly impressed.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow