Regarding the M6 II

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 42,017
Re: Regarding the M6 II

Thanks for the reply.  That's a nice closeup of the bird.  For bird photography I use my Canon DSLR and Tamron 150-600mm lens.  I use my M series cameras when I want to travel light and don't need more than 200mm FL and for other things.

The reason I asked the question....  I ordered a Canon RP camera with a RF lens (I'm still waiting for the lens to arrive).  I've never owned a full frame camera before, but I thought it might be useful for conditions like this.  It was so dark, that I did not notice any other cameras, including cell phones.  But I like doing things others might not consider.  I bought them from the Canon website refurbished at Black Friday special prices.  I can't wait to try them out.  There will be plenty more night-time Christmas events for me to get more practice.

At one time I considered the Canon M6 Mark II, but I wanted a built-in viewfinder.  I find the viewfinder is useful particularly when I use the  Canon EF-M 55-200mm lens and I want things more steady.  I like doing video that way.  With the Canon M50 Mark II camera, I'm glad I found a way to change the small hard-to-use video on/off button to the larger shutter button in the menu.  I noticed that the Canon RP video on/off button is better (in a better location and raised up a little) and the Canon RP also has a built-in viewfinder.  I also considered the Canon R or R8, but this Black Friday special was too good to pass up.  I just hope it all works being that they were refurbished.

The Canon RP is also supposed to be the lightest Canon mirrorless full frame camera.  But all of this is new to me.  I'll learn more about it later.  I know that the Canon M6 Mark II is overall a great camera.  I just have to see what it's like on the full frame side.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow