Does the Black Magic Camera App allow still captures also?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
REHS
REHS Regular Member • Posts: 225
Does the Black Magic Camera App allow still captures also?

I am new to iphone photography, but have loved my Nikons for many years.  Last year I got a Sony RX100, and a waterproof housing for use on my kayak.  It works OK for both still images and video.  Here's a recent shot:

I can switch from video to stills, the image quality is good, but the Sony menu system is very difficult to manage in a waterproof housing.  My biggest frustration was in needing two hands to operate it,,, which is near impossible while paddling or sailing.  So, I recently bought a Pro Max 15 iPhone, and then, down-loaded the Black Magic App.as a possible alternative kayaking camera.  I seem to recall hearing on youtube, that the Black Magic App provides an easy process for switching from video to stills, even though it is primarily a "movie" app..  I would like be able to use it for both still images and for video,, if possible.  PLEASE help me find out if, and how, to accomplish this process.   Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Sincerely,

Mike (REHS)

REHS's gear list:REHS's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow