GX9 + PL25/1.4 for street

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larsbc Forum Pro • Posts: 18,810
GX9 + PL25/1.4 for street

I couldn't resist buying an Olympus 45/1.8 when it was on sale during the Cyber Monday week.  I usually shoot street with a 35 equiv lens and since the 45/1.8 won't arrive until another week, I thought I'd begin shifting my mental eye to a narrower field of view by using the 25/1.4 this past Saturday.

I use zone focusing with my X100V (35 equiv) and my PL 15/1.7 but with the 25/1.4 I relied on AF.  The AF worked fine except that it wasn't as reliable as I hoped for photographing people as they were walking toward me and I was walking toward them at close distances.  Shifting to a 50 equiv FoV wasn't too bad; sometimes it was more useful, other times it wasn't.

AF failure, our closing speed was too fast and perhaps the light was too low as well.  Or maybe I had the AF patch on his jacket which was too dark and monotone.

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow