E-M1 mark II exposure correction woes.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheWintermute Regular Member • Posts: 187
E-M1 mark II exposure correction woes.

I pretty much always use all my cameras in Manual mode with auto ISO. Normally this requires three dials - one for shutter speed, one for aperture and one for exposure correction. On cameras that only have two dials, such as my Nikons, there is usually a dedicated exposure correction button, which also works just fine.
My E-M1 II, however, doesn't have a dedicated exposure correction button, so I tried setting up a function button to do exposure correction. However, it only sort of works. Sometimes I hold the button, spin the dial to adjust exposure compensation, let go of the dial and keep shooting and everything works like I would expect. At other times I let go of the button and arrows appear around the shutter and aperture values on the screen. While the arrows are on, holding the function button and spinning the dials does not adjust exposure compensation but adjusts shutter speed and aperture, as if I wasn't holding the button. Then I have to press the function button two more times to make it work. In theory this sounds manageable, but in the real world use this is infuriating and completely unusable.
Please don't suggest using the function lever to switch the dial function to exposure compensation - this way way too slow for me.
Has this been fixed in the E-M1 III? What about the OM-1?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow