How best to advertise my printer on Ebay...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlanDW New Member • Posts: 19
How best to advertise my printer on Ebay...

Recently I bought the Epson SC-P900, and it is replacing the P800. It would seem to have been a foolish move, but aside from the $200 rebate I received, I believe that I can get enough money for the P800 that the difference in price won't be that big of a deal.

The 800 works perfectly, and the installed ink cartridges are about three-fourths full, give or take. In addition, it has a full set of replacement ink cartridges, maintenance box, and all cables, one of which I had to buy separately. I'd like to advertise this package for $1,200 on ebay. That might seem a bit high, but those inks are really expensive, as we all know. Having never advertised on ebay, though, I'm not sure how to go about it.

Yes, there are any number of tutorials on YouTube, but I'm not sure in which direction to go. Should I advertise a bidding price, or set a firm amount, adjusting it if the printer doesn't sell? And I'm especially not sure about shipping. After measuring the weight of the printer, and calculating the cost of boxing and shipping, UPS told me that a fair price for shipping in the continental U.S. should be $150. But they told me not to advertise shipping separately, or that would turn buyers off. I should seek out $1,350 instead, postage included. Maybe that would work, but I'm not quite so sure.

And so I don't know really what to do. For those who are familiar with advertising on ebay, any and all suggestions would be welcome.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow