K3 III my first impressions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KPM2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,349
K3 III my first impressions

Hello all,

For to write this in a review manner, it is way too early, because I have the camera only since some days. Also, because our small village is under the snow ... I can not find a cyclist on our street through the small village, so that I could make a AF-C bicycle-test .

I will write about this:

I use Pentax since a long time. Started with an analog MX/ME than ist DS, K5, K1 and KP.

I did read therefor a lot marketing text what do change with the new camera .... ok and we all know what did really changed, form camera to camera. Now with the K3 III I have the first time the feeling, that between my KP and the K3 III must be 2x camera generation between them .... so big is this jump in some points:

this points are: (beside the new AF, but others did and can write much better about it)

- using K and M lens is now as using the TAv mode, when you set the green button to Sv.

- for K and M lens the aperture value get set by the normal aperture wheel (of cause you set the aperture still at the lens aperture ring, but for the documentation this is great.

- my old K 28mm f3.5 shift lens cause total wrong metering when shifted on my ist DS, K5, K1 and KP .... with the K3 III the metering in shifted positions are perfect now !

- my AF wise 'diva' lens, (my) copy of the FA 50mm f1.4, focus very quick and well now with the K3 III

- I forgot the manual in the store where I bought the K3 III. Now I write this not for to say how clever I am, I will say that even when all the menu structures did changed and also the E-dial, that a Pentax user don't need a manual .... you feels like home nearly instantly. The menus have a great principle of structuring and the K3 III is very....very comfortable to use because of that too.

My impression is, that the Pentax developer-team put all it's love for taking pictures via a camera, which offers a great handling, wonderful IQ , with a lovely view even on small details for the use of this camera, for us.

best regards KPM2

Pentax K-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow