Manfrotto Pro Light Backloader bag

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
clarnibass Senior Member • Posts: 2,649
Manfrotto Pro Light Backloader bag

Hi
Does anyone have this bag?

I've been looking at bags and checked just about anything available. this one is almost perfect and the only one close to that.

There are two "issues" that I'm trying to determine if they are "non-issues".

1) Does it really fit a 15" laptop? The specs claim it does, but the actual max measurements of the laptop compartment are exactly the size of my laptop. It comes in both S and M sizes but the difference is supposedly only the length, the only dimension where the compartment is slightly larger than the laptop.

2) The straps are attached to the back, to the "hood" of the compartment itself. My current "flipped" bags have the straps attached to the bag itself, with the zipper and opening as a compartment on the side that goes against your back.

It's a bit tricky to explain, but the thing is, with my current bag, if there's some kind of zipper accident (though it still works as good as new a decade later) everything is still protected, sort of, with my back blocking the compartment from opening. With the Manfrotto, if there's a zipper accident, basically the whole bag with all the equipment will open and fall to the back, the zipper is holding it. I hope it is clear. Is that something to be concerned about?

I'm also wondering if that might mean it's less protected against theft, which is the reason I'm only buying a "flipped" backpack. My current bag actually has the zipper half hidden under a small flap of fabric which can make it a little annoying to open, but basically impossible to steel anything when the bag is on me.

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow