Where to start? Canon RAW - I’ve been absent…

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tinker Regular Member • Posts: 170
Where to start? Canon RAW - I’ve been absent…

My oh my

Twenty years ago I got an EOS 1D and hit the ground running
I loaded the software that came with the camera on my desktop and did fine with the RAW files, and if I recall properly - photoshop lived on my computer

At some time PS became a subscription-only service and I think I went with Irfanview instead of PS

Then the career took some turns and I started raising a family, thoughts of RAW workflow vanished along with the “spare time” that would afford the process

Here I am now, with one of the kids getting into photographing their music scene lifestyle and gigs etc
I’d handed them a D30 a few years ago and recently they got themselves a really cool little Olympus M43 rig
They’re also interested in going after some street photography and more

I’m feeling the excitement and lately I dusted off the 6D, the old D30 and 1D and grabbed a running beater 1D to hand over to the kid

With a cheap-ish Windows laptop, where do I start in dang-near 2024 with RAW processing software and photoshop-ish utility?

I need someone to point me (at least) in the general direction of something to get started with

Thanks

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D Canon PowerShot D30 Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow