I Took MY Daughter's Gear for a Spin - Some Photos

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Myer Veteran Member • Posts: 3,533
I Took MY Daughter's Gear for a Spin - Some Photos

After I take some photos with my daughter's RF100-500L with setting changes recommended by R2D2 I'll post some of the photos.

All of these photos were taken with my daughter's R6 Mark II, my EF100-400L II lens, EF-RF Adapter and Canon EF 1.4 Extender VII

I will try to remember the distance as best as I can. All are cropped - some taken way further than I ever would have but I wanted to see what I could crop.

Since my intention was to shoot birds in flight (out of season so I only got one with my lens) all photos were taken at 1/2500 sec. I fieleve aperture was eithe f8 or f9 which is pretty much wide open because of the extender. Auto ISO

All taken in Servo.

1 - Silhouette maybe 15 yards. I was too lazy to add a stop or two but I knew the very bright sky would darken the image

2 - Squirrel. Very close as you can see no DOF. less than 5 yards. I believe the ISO was about 25000. Not sure why since I had to darken quite a bit.

3 - Glossy Ibis eating off the ground. Maybe 20 yards

4 - Whistling duck flying. Too hard to tell but a normal distance I usually shoot birds in flight. Decent amount of cropping.

5 - Great blue heron. Maybe almost 20 yards

6 -  Anhinga facing camera. Maybe 20 yards

7 - Anhinga with its back to camera drying its wings. Maybe 20 yards

8 - Spoonbill. This is amazing. I could barely see the spoonbill in the image. Across a lake and in the trees. I could see the bird but had no idea what I was getting, which way it was facing or if branches were blocking the face.

9 - Lizzard on the rail. Close and cropped. Maybe 3-5 yards.

- - - -

In the next few days I'll get my daughter's camera amd lens, change some settings and go back to the wetlands park for and shoot some photos. Will repost back.

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow