Z9 screen blacks out when flash switched on

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dewcal Contributing Member • Posts: 510
Z9 screen blacks out when flash switched on

When I use and switch on a Godox V860 III N flash on a Z9 (fw 4.10) the viewfinder and / or screen go black as soon as the flash is switched on.  Any images taken are well under exposed.

Taking the same flash unit without changing any settings onto a different z9 body (same fw) there is no change in the screen and you can see what you are photographing - exposures are good.

Both bodies are set to 1/160sec, f5.6 (using different and the same lenses) with auto ISO set at 64 upper 25600. The flash settings are not changed when swapping the Godox over.

Neither body has any flash compensation dialled in and every menu setting is the same.

All contacts on the hot shoe are clean. It happens in all focus modes and areas. Both cameras are using fully charged Nikon batteries.

Hopefully someone can advise as to what I am overlooking before I have to send the body for repair!

Any help appreciated.

ANSWER:
Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow