Frequent errors using my Nikon D5300 with my newly acquired Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vithonil New Member • Posts: 2
Frequent errors using my Nikon D5300 with my newly acquired Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 lens

I recently bought a used Nikon 200-500 lens for wildlife photography to be used with my Nikon D5300.

When shooting at high shutter speeds (1/2000) and in low burst mode, the camery just displays "Error. Press shutter release button again." I always have to turn off the camera completely, wait a few seconds and then turn it on again. This will remove the error, but it always comes back. It caused me to miss quite a few shots in my walk today alone (flying birds), and I am wondering if it is a camera issue or a lens issue. I can send back the lens for one more week and get the full price back. If it's a camera issue then I will have to live with it for a while ig.

Also, the autofocus just stops working sometimes. I press the button and it literally does nothing until you manually rotate the focus dial all the way and then it starts working again. Camera issue or lens issue?

I get 0 of these issues using my Sigma 24-105 lens, but that lens I don't shoot at high shutter speeds OR in burst mode. Can somebody help me out? I would greatly appreciate it!

Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow