Does anyone know if FStoppers is out of business?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlanDW New Member • Posts: 19
Does anyone know if FStoppers is out of business?

For those who are familiar with this company, and have done or are doing business with it, I would like to see if I may have some clarity on an issue I'm having.

FStoppers sells tutorials, primarily centered around portrait photography, developing in PS and LR. One of their tutorials is a deep dive into Nik filters. Although it appears to be somewhat dated now, it still looked interesting enough for me to buy, especially with a 30% off sale, And so I paid $69.99 USD through my debit card, and the company immediately processed the transaction. I was told the download would be sent to my email, but the email was never sent.

It's been three days now, and nothing has happened. I sent a number of emails to the company, through their site, but have not received a response. I decided to register as a member through their site, since I couldn't by the email they were going to send me, but although they accepted me as a member, it was impossible to get into their site. I then tried to register as a different member, using an old email address found on my laptop, but although I was again accepted as a member, wasn't able to access their site.

I've contacted my credit union on the matter, and if I don't hear from the company by December 5, they will launch an investigation. If it turns out to be a case of fraud, I will be reimbursed the amount through insurance. That, however, will take quite a long time. If I ultimately lose $70 on this it won't kill me, but I don't like being taken for a ride.

Still, FStoppers seems like a legitimate company, and perhaps they're having computer problems, so if anyone has any knowledge of what may be going on, I would appreciate any input you could give me. Thanks for all help.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow