Is there a way to keep face tracking in video without having to constantly press on the AF-On button

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MJ_Photo38
MJ_Photo38 Senior Member • Posts: 1,008
Is there a way to keep face tracking in video without having to constantly press on the AF-On button

Hello everyone,

Im recently got hold of my Nikon Z6 that will replace the Fujifilm X-H1 as my main camera, however, while setting up this camera for video I ran into a bit of a problem :

The camera doesn't focus unless I press the AF-ON button. And it does so even when face detection or lock on tracking is enabled.

Is this behavior normal? Is there a way to set the camera to always focus (like every other camera does???) on the focus point or box that you've chosen without having to press AF-ON all the time?

Cause if there is no workarounds, that means this camera is only useful to me in manual focus mode, which is definitely a huge bummer, and a huge step back compared to the camer I'm upgrading from, which is rather unfortunate.

I've been looking the menus up and down and for the life of me I can't find any option that would allow me the set the camera to "always focus" while video is rolling

If anyone has any idea how to fix this (besides taping the button down...) it would be really helpful

MJ_Photo38's gear list:MJ_Photo38's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D1X Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +22 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow