Disabling manual focus ring for specific lenses

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Spry0679 New Member • Posts: 10
Disabling manual focus ring for specific lenses

After accidentally touching the focus ring too many times in the dark while shooting astrophotography and ruining 30+ minute exposures, I decided to disable the focus ring on my Z7 camera. Surprisingly, when I switch my lenses to manual focus using the switch on the lens, I can use the ring again. This setup is perfect as it prevents accidental focus changes unless I deliberately engage manual focus.

However, today while using my 24-200 lens, I realized it doesn't have a manual focus switch. This isn't a major issue, but it means I now have to navigate through menus to use manual focus with this specific lens.

My question is: Is there a way to apply this setting only to my S lenses, which have the manual focus switch? Or is this another reason to upgrade my 24-200 lens to a 24-120? I already made a thread about moving from a 24-200 to 24-120 so no need to get in the weeds regarding the two lenses.

Spry0679's gear list:Spry0679's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow