Tiny dotted lines on Epson SureColor P800

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
njwight
njwight New Member • Posts: 13
Tiny dotted lines on Epson SureColor P800

I am not an expert at printing but I have been printing with the P800 for many years and have not had this issue. I generally always print on matte paper (A Hahnemule rag usually) Today I switched to print on some 324 gsm Fine Art Bartya (lustre setting) and I am seeing some double lines of what look like tiny white dots. Really tiny. Not banding. I have cleaned rollers. Done a head alignment. All good on nozzle checks. These lines never appeared on matte paper. Could be a co-incidence it just started. I have media controls for thickness at 5 and PG wide. But same thing happened at 3 and standard. I have tried paper from two different lots, just in case it was on the surface finish.

Sorry-not the best lighting for taking a photo of a glossy surface. But I think you can see the lines I am referring to. (There is a little bit of scattered dust on there too-especially the leopard.) More evident on right side on the zebra image. Right side and center on the leopard.

If anyone can suggest some direction, I would appreciate it. I have to do these images 11 x 17 and 13 x 19 and I really would like to get a clean 4x6 before doing that.

Thanks!

NJ

njwight's gear list:njwight's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon RF 70-200 F4 L Canon RF 14-35mm F4L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow