Paris Olympics - Oh dear

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,658
Paris Olympics - Oh dear

I always wondered if I could do London Olympics again but with my current gear, what would the images look like with improved gear and skill.

So back in 2012, my brother and I got a few tickets for the London Olympics. However, during a game of Rugby, my brother broke his leg in half and we capitalised on this by getting a lot of disabled tickets. So I ended up going to Olympics and Paralympics three times, and he went at least five times.

We did talk about doing Paris and I even wondered if I'll received a leg break from BJJ in time for the Olympics. Instead I got a hernia and I should be throwing kettlebells in the air by the time the Paris Olympics start.

My brother and I did discuss doing Paris Olympics but he had a quick look and went against it. Since I'm more grounded than my brother, I thought you can do the Paris Olympics without needing a hotel and I thought he was be being dishonest about the venues all spread out. My brother like to splash money around, while I try to get my money worth.

I planned to travel into London early in the morning, get the Euro Tunnel to Paris and go to the Olympic site removing the need for a hotel. So I'd a look at the tickets and a lot of the games starting early in the morning or start at six and end at ten. Meaning I would need to book a hotel but they are going for like £600 a night.

The sport venues are indeed spread out around Paris. They're doing the games on the cheap and didn't build multiple new venues close to each other. Giving hotels a crucial role in the Olympics success but they triple in price per night. If that didn't happen then I would've bit the bullet and stayed a few nights in Paris for experience. Probably do wrestling on one day and then athletics on the next and the next day go home.

Also the tickets range from a £100 to many hundreds so it not a cheap experience.

So all this sucks that the only way to do Paris Olympics is by hotel or room bnb which I think illegal in Paris. I mean I can't arrive in Paris, by Euro Tunnel and leave on the same evening. To do Paris Olympics is to spend money like you're going on an expensive holiday or go at least a thousand.

So instead I bought a ticket for London Athletics for one tenth of the price for Paris Athletics. However, because I left it too long, I'm on the upper deck. The bad news they are cracking down on people bringing big camera lenses. So they introduce the rule of banning camera lenses longer than six inches. Meaning my 100-400 could be banned since it seven inches long. If I was on the lower deck, this wouldn't be a problem because the 50-200 would have enough reach. Oh well.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow