Hypothetical: No more on-camera LCD...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Photopium
Photopium Junior Member • Posts: 34
Hypothetical: No more on-camera LCD...

Instead, bundled large tablet-like LCD with sunshades, wireless connectivity with minimal lag, and built-in lightstand/tripod mount.

You're checking your exposure and compensation while looking through the EVF, but your shots , reveiews, and menu systems are showing up on the OC LCD.

Thethered shooters are already doing this but I'm guessing mostly with cords or snakey wi-fi/bluetooth settings and possibly monitors that have clunky batteries.

Proposed LCD would come in 2 or 3 choices, 12, 8 or 6 inch and would have the necessary lumens (if that's the right word) to be perfectly viewable (with sunshades extended) in daylight.

-- hide signature --

A step further down the road:

Goggles.

Your EVF is in a pair of goggles that provide 1:1 (or as close as possible) scale viewing of what you're shooting  and of course this blocks out all sunlight or ambient light and leaves you free to move the camera away from your eye without a lot of fuss.

Most people, I think, are going to be naysayers, and I am curious "Why not?"

Obviously, certain types of photography will not lend itself well to these ideas, I get that.

Photopium's gear list:Photopium's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow